"Begin to weave and God will provide the thread"
~German Proverb

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Project: Crochet Lace Collar

I found this free fancy crochet collar pattern at The Ongoing Project blog which inspired me to embark on another crochet project over the weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/violetwired
Photo taken from http://theongoingproject.blogspot.com

Shay
's pattern was easy to follow and although I was able to modify the size according to my neck size, the 2 collars I made came out short! Thankfully, was able to remedy that on my third try by using a ribbon instead of a button :)

Here is my finished project. I added some pearls to make it look more Victorian-inspired but actually this reminds me more of one of  Queen Elizabeth I's paintings.

Okay, so I'll call this Victoria....
thanks to my lovely model: my sister Cha

With a ribbon closure, the size can now be adjusted 

The ribbon part can also be worn infront

Visit Shay's blog The Ongoing Project for the free pattern and more of her fabulous designs!

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! I like the beads. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Shay for the appreciation and for the free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to try the red lace collar.i am new to all this!!please help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enna!

    What kind of help would you want? Let me know so I can explain better.

    Thanks for dropping by!


    Milli

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am new to I.T and cannot get in/on ? this blog to get the pattern can you help Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enna

      Check this out
      http://crochetphilippines.blogspot.com/2012/03/crochet-lace-collar-now-with-tutorial.html#uds-search-results

      Delete
    2. I was trying to get the pattern for the red crochet lace collar could you please help me get it thank you...karen

      Delete
  6. The blog is for invited readers only?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ok will try to make a tute and post it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindo!!!!!!
    Olá sou Brasileira!!!!
    http://lifebabysapatinhos.blogspot.com.br/
    Simone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...