"Begin to weave and God will provide the thread"
~German Proverb

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Practicing Broomstick Lace Crochet

Was fascinated with the vintage crochet pattern of broomstick lace when I found it while web surfing that I immediately started projects using this pattern.


Also known as Jiffy Lace, it requires the use of a cylindrical object, referred to as a "pin" to make the loops and in olden times crocheters used broomsticks in making this pattern.Marti and I roamed most of the malls during the holidays looking for the 50" knitting needle that was used in this pattern I found by Crochet Cabana but couldn't find any. Out of desperation, I rummaged our home for the perfect pin and found some glue sticks that did the job!
My first try...used a glue stick as a pin :)


Well the glue stick only worked for several rows when I noticed that the yarn fibers were starting to stick so I had to find another pin which came in the form of a marker pen!

Using a marker pen as a pin the loops are more pronounced


Almost finished with the first bracelet so I'll post the pictures soon.

"Everyday and in Every Way, I become better and better!"


2 comments:

  1. Lovely work!
    Lion Brand has the #50 knitting needles
    http://www.lionbrand.com/6030/PictPage/1922238557.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandie!

    Ok will check out the link. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...